Wednesday, April 21, 2010

21 April 2010

Front and centre: A madwoman suckles a machine at yesterday's Marijuana Smoke Out 4/20 event in Yonge Dundas Square. The event was meant to be a peaceful protest of marijuana laws, but things got ugly when someone pulled a gun, which may or may not have been fired in the crowd. Either way, the incident inspired the Sun to print one of the best sentences ever composed in English:

"Bongs were flying, reefers were dropped and people were freaking as they scrambled in a frenzy from the middle of the square."

Sounds a lot like my Sweet 16 birthday party! You don't know the dark side of drugs until you've had to sweep up hundreds of shattered Bart Simpson bongs and crushed Doritos or throw a forsaken dreadlock in the garbage.

Top: 28 pages of sports, my friend! Also: With $8 million I could turn my blue car into a bong on wheels....

Left: Give to charity.

Bottom: Bong on wheels, baby!

Summary: I think I'm in love with the beautiful drug addict on today's cover. I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I wish I were a bong....

**** (out of 5)

2 comments: