Thursday, May 20, 2010

20 May 2010

Front and centre: A guy runs an ice cream truck near Old City Hall for 23 years, goes on a trip to Greece, and when he gets back the city tells him he has to leave his spot. This story raises a lot of ethical questions, but I'll now hand it over to a man named "Bill," who posted two magnificent comments beneath the article. His first comment reminds us of the perils of ice cream:

"I THINK THE DECISION IS A RIGHT ONE AND I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR WHAT HAS HAPPENED. ICE CREAM IS FATTY AND LEADS TO OBESITY IN KIDS. STATISTICS HAVE SHOWN THAT WE HAVE AN OBESITY PROBLEM IN OUR COUNTRY AND EATING FATTY ICE CREAM DOES NOT HELP THE SITUATION. FOR THE PROTECTION OF OUR CHILDREN AND OUR HEALTH I THINK WE ARE FORGETTING THE MORE BIGGER PICTURE ON THIS WHOLE FIASCO. BEFORE COMPLAINING THINK OF THE CHILDREN AND FEEL WHAT IS RGHT FOR THEM. OHIP BILLS ARE SKYROCKETING"

In Bill's second post, he outlines his shouty thoughts on Greece and the Greek people:

"IF THE GUY CAN AFFORD TO TAKE A BIG TRIP TO GREECE THEN HES NOT SO POOR. HE PROBABLY HAS A VILLA OVER THERE LIKE MOST GREEKS AND LIVES IN A BIG MANSION. I HAVENT GONE ON A TRIP IN OVER 25 YRS CAUSE I CANT AFFORD IT. THESE RICH ICE CREAM PEOPLE CAN AFFORD IT AND I BET THE GUY GOES EVERY YEAR TOO! SNOOZE YOU LOOSE I SAY. HE SHOULDNT HAVE GONE TO GREECE IN THE FIRST PLACE. WHY WOULD HE GO ANYWAYS SINCE THEY WERE RIOTING OVER THERE. BOO HOO HOO, THE GUY WHO JUST SPENT $6000 GOING TO GREECE LOST HIS SPOT-GET REAL!"

Tremendous, Bill!

Top: A Toronto woman is missing in a triangle. Also: one day I will create an ice cream flavour that tastes like $30 million.

Bottom: The Hakim Optical woman appears to be flying solo again, yet she still has that forlorn look on her ultrasad face. I'm starting to think that maybe her ex-boyfriend wasn't the problem....

Summary: "THESE RICH ICE CREAM PEOPLE." Shooting fish in a barrel.

*** (out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment